At Norwich Research Park there is a world class cluster of expertise in genome analysis and manipulation of animal, microbial, and plant systems for a wide range of industrial applications.
Genome Sequencing and Bioinformatics
Next generation sequencing platforms providing whole genome sequencing capabilities and analysis.
Design, development and implementation of novel platforms for the management and visualisation of large research datasets.
Development of software engineering and machine learning approaches for applications in synthetic biology for microbes and plants.
Key Research Organisations
- Earlham Institute: holds one of the largest computing hardware facilities dedicated to life science research in Europe. Combining computational science and biotechnology to generate enabling resources to answer key biological questions.
- University of East Anglia: UK top 15 university, world top 1% with one of the most experienced schools of computing science in the UK. Over 90 per cent of UEA computing graduates secure employment in computer-relevant positions
Key Business Organisations
- Leaf Systems®: a contract development business specialising in the expression and production of proteins, metabolites and complex natural products for research and bio-medical applications.
- Persephone Bio: uses biotechnology to manufacture sought after bioactive ingredients for the cosmetics industry from tomatoes. Ingeniqa: designs, develops and produces embedded software based electronic and RF wireless products for industrial, scientific and medical applications.
- Anglia Capital Group: a network of over 70 investors and private venture capital funds, investing in hi-tech businesses and technology start-ups.
- New Anglia Growth Hub: provides a range of advice and services for businesses both new and established.
Services and Facilities
- Sys Consulting: provides access to University of East Anglia’s School of Computing Sciences research and expertise including bioinformatics, data mining and 3D printing.
- High Performance Computing: Resources for genomics and computational bioscience with compute and storage infrastructure.
- National Capability in Genomics: High-throughput services for genomics from sequencing, optical genetic mapping and single-cell analysis for genomics, transcriptomics and epigenetics.
- DNA Foundry: Supports the design, generation and exploitation of high-value compounds and bioactives via synthetic biology from plants and microbes on a collaborative or a fee for service basis.
- Accelerator lab: Shared bench space plus access to shared equipment lab
- Accelerator office: Shared office space Bioincubator: Small laboratory and office units plus access to shared equipment lab
- Centrum: Medium to large laboratory and office units
- Design and build: Serviced plots ready for development
- contemporary cafe and meeting rooms
- free parking
- superfast broadband
- Wi-Fi in communal areas
Park Occupier benefits
- Enterprise Zone business rates discounts
- Shared purchasing scheme
- Meeting room discounts
- ONE Nucleus membership