Please note that Hethersett Lane will be closed to all traffic for the next 10 weeks, from Monday 4th January 2021 until Monday 15th March 2021. The closure of the road is required to form a new roundabout on Hethersett Lane. Access will be maintained for the Drive Through Test Facility from the Watton Road junction. Please contact the Community Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org for the plan of the diversion route.
We are unable to book any test, or give information regarding the testing facilities on the Park. Please DO NOT Enter Centrum if you are looking for a test. Please follow the guidelines below:
The newly expanded provision in Norfolk and Waveney provides an alternative to the national testing offer which has centres at Ipswich, Stansted, Peterborough and elsewhere. To access the national testing offer please visit the government website here.
For a more local testing offer please see details below
Norfolk and Waveney Testing
Tests are only available by appointment, and for key workers. Please do not turn up unless instructed to do so. Please do not contact Norwich Research Park reception, we are unable to book a test for you and we cannot pass details on to the NNUH, local or national test booking teams.
Testing does not take place in Centrum and there is no access into any building for visitors seeking a test. For details on testing please read below:
For NNUH / JPUH / QEH Workers
If you are working at any of the above and you or a household member becomes unwell, and want to arrange a test, please follow your in-house procedure and speak to your line manager.
All other health and care workers such as care home staff, GPs, pharmacists, ambulance etc should email NHScovidtesting@nnuh.nhs.uk with your name, job title and contact number - the triage team will contact you to arrange next steps.
Other Key Workers (such as teachers, food industry etc*)
Ask your employer/line manager to email NorfolkRegistercovidtesting@nnuh.nhs.uk with their name, job title and contact number. The registration team will contact them to register your organisation so you can then book an appointment. Your employer will be given a unique reference number and the contact details for your triage.
There is further information available here, *including details on who qualifies as a key worker.
For Members of the General Public
Testing is only for key workers at this time. Please keep an eye on the media for any future announcements about COVID-19 testing programmes. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms please follow Government guidance.
Driving Directions to Centrum Test Facility
Access to the test facility is via Hethersett Lane ONLY, and exit out onto Colney Lane. Please click here for map.
- To leave and drive into Norwich City at the Park exit traffic lights turn left, then turn right at the next lights into Norwich.
- To leave and reach the A47/A11 at the Park exit traffic lights turn left, then turn left at the next lights onto Watton Rd B1108, proceed to the A47 an access westbound and eastbound carriageways. For A11 travel east (left) on A47 to and take first exit to Thickthorn roundabout.
Drivers arriving from Colney Lane cannot access the facility. If you enter by mistake, please leave by the same way you came in and take 4 left turns (turn left onto Colney Lane, left again onto the main Watton Rd, next left at the traffic lights onto Hethersett Lane, and final left into the Park and test facility.
Further Coronavirus Information
- For all Government Coronavirus guidance visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- To book a test (essential workers only) visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested
- To check if you have Coronavirus Symptoms and what to do visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/
- For NHS 111 service please visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/