Earlham Enterprises Ltd is a private limited company that undertakes contract research, research services and consultancy using the scientific staff and infrastructure of the Earlham Institute.
Earlham Enterprises is a vehicle for translating the cutting-edge research expertise and infrastructure at the Earlham Institute into applications that deliver solutions to industrial challenges in global food security, improving human, animal and plant health, and realising impact for charity, conservation and environmental sectors.
Earlham Enterprises clients include academic organisations, publicly-funded organisations, government departments, NGOs, and private companies spanning fields as diverse as crop breeding, precision farming, biotech, pharma, and national security.
Examples of Earlham Enterprises projects include;
- advice and development of customised protocols for high-throughput genomics and next generation sequencing
- single-cell analysis
- innovative bioinformatics for analysis and interpretation of multiple, complex data sets
- development of novel platforms to provide access to computational tools
- laboratory automation, in particular liquid handling, modular nanoscale DNA-assembly, genome engineering, DNA transformation and expression analyses
- access to high-performance computing and storage technology for data generated from NGS sequencing and genomics.
Earlham Enterprises was originally established in 2009 as Genome Enterprise Ltd. As the Earlham Institute is registered as a Charity, all profits generated through Earlham Enterprises are gifted back to the Earlham Institute charity to further its charitable activities. The charity, the research institute, and for-profit company function as a single economic entity.
Registered office address:
Earlham Institute, Norwich Research Park, Colney Lane, Colney, Norwich, England, NR4 7UZ
Registered company number: 06812113
Earlham Enterprises Limited
Norwich Research Park
Telephone: +44 (0)1603 450001